Monday, November 26, 2012

Vandalized!

Well, the cow parade is just a couple of weeks away from getting all of the cows off the streets, touched up, and auctioned.  Black and White had almost made it without any of the trouble I had been hearing some of the other cows had.  Then I got the email.  I have to admit I was too mad to blog this when I first found out last Wednesday.  Andrew is going to go pick her up and I am going to try my best with some bondo, but the repairs will take quite a lot of work and then I may have to paint most of the cow over.  Here is the damage...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Also, not pictured, whoever did this ripped out the bolts from the feet holding the cow to the weighted platform.   
 
I am still cooling off.  More pictures when I get her back and start the bondo-ing.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Hillary, I was so sad when I read the headline. So sorry! Why are there so many jerks in the world? Who has the time to waste vandalizing cow art? So mean. (Danielle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilary - My name is Patrice and I wanted to reach out to you as my husband and I are the ones who purchased this amazing cow at the Cow Parade Auction in February. From the minute we put our eyes on her at the opening reveal in Durham back in the fall, we knew we needed to have her. I can't imagine how upset you were when she was vandalized but I have to say, we had no idea when she was delivered to our home that she had sustained that amount of damage. You did a fantastic job of getting her back to her beautiful self. We are very proud to display her in our home and she is now a part of the family! Thanks for painting such a beautiful creation. Just know she has an awesome home to live in now and she brings joy to us daily! I am an avid collector of the Cow Parade figurines and having a real full size Cow Parade cow in my collection just makes it perfect. Thanks again for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrice, I am SO glad to hear from you!!! I have been dying to know who purchased her. So glad she has a good home. Yes, I was sick when they sent me the first pictures of the damage. I couldn't believe it. Just a few weeks before that she had gotten so dirty from all of the touching and sitting on her that I had to give her a bath in public, right there one the street! A white cow shows a lot of dirt. During the repairs I learned so much about Bondo that I thought maybe I should go into the autobody repair business! haha. I really am glad you have her. I'd love to have a picture of her in her forever home to post if you're interested. Totally cool if you want to stay private, too. Great to electronically meet you. I didn't know you had posted a comment, I'll have to see why the blog didn't email me. much love, hilary

      Delete

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Hilary Clement and I am a mostly self-taught artist in the Greensboro, NC area. I paint in both acrylic and oils.