Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Black and White Bovine - NC Cowparade

All the vines now have their 2nd coat!  I just have to paint the back hooves.  My handsome assistant, Andrew, is going to help me inspect the entire cow for any areas that need sharpened or cleaned up.  After that 1 layer of gel medium and then several coats of gloss varnish. 


I apologize that I cannot take a picture that isn't blurry without the flash or the tripod.  I'll post better pictures when it is complete. 



I have painted about 16 - 18 total hours total between today and yesterday!  After the first few hours I had to put on my reading glasses (I hate getting old).  Last night I dreamed of these vines.  But this is still FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
My name is Hilary Clement and I am a mostly self-taught artist in the Greensboro, NC area. I paint in both acrylic and oils.